Why should I clean my awnings?
Awning maintenance is vital to preserving your investment. Keeping up with a regular cleaning schedule can add years to your awnings.
Many people feel it’s not important or unnecessary, although most awning manufacturers require regular cleaning maintenance in their warranties. We hear a lot of excuses:
- “I hosed it off last year. It should be good for a while.”
- “It just rained this week, so they look pretty clean.”
- “It’s just not in the budget.”
If only it were that easy.
A simple rinse, whether by a hose or Mother Nature, can’t remove all the dirt and build up on your awnings caused by everyday pollution. In reality, because of the condition of our environment, rain water can actually have an acidic affect on the fabric, trapping the dirt and grime, and eating away at the threads holding your awnings together. Replacing an awning will cost much more than what you would pay for an entire year of service with us. This amount of savings can fit into anyone’s budget.
“It’s not just an awning, it’s your Image!”
We offer many different cleaning schedules depending on your location and your environmental factors.
- High Traffic Areas – The pollution from the car exhaust is filtered through your awnings, which causes a building up on the fabric. The more cars, the more build up.
- Ocean Breeze – The ocean air can cause mildew to grow on your awnings, due to the constant moisture from the ocean waters. Also, the salt in the air can eat away at the fabric.
Our most popular frequencies are Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually or Annually, but we can create a schedule based on your needs.
- For an average commercial building, quarterly cleaning is recommended or at the very minimum, 2x annually may be sufficient to keep your awnings sparkling.
- For businesses in high traffic areas or with heavy foot traffic, we suggest no less than quarterly, but a more frequent service would be beneficial.
To keep within your awning’s warranty guidelines refer to your awning manufacturers recommended maintenance procedures.
Our cleaning process is the recommended method of many awning fabric manufacturers, such as Sunbrella, 3M, Cooley, etc… this keeps your awnings looking young and vibrant for many years.
We use a low pressure, hand washing method with a mild soap that is especially designed for cleaning awning fabric and is 100% safe for all awning material and is biodegradable.
Let us know what you would like to set up. Any custom schedule is welcome.
For more information call: (949) 325-5624 or email:- [email protected]
Visit our Showroom at: 17 Hammond, Suite 406, Irvine CA 92618
3,214 total views, 1 views today