Awnings are becoming quite popular among today’s homeowners. For a while, they were considered “old-fashioned”; however, they are now becoming a preferred way to improve one’s home because they are simple and affordable, yet lend functionality to outdoor living spaces. Apart from functionality, you also get aesthetic beauty. There are a lot more choices in awning fabrics due to the technological advancements made in synthetic fabric design and production. You can find the perfect awning to add style and comfort to your home.
Benefits of Awnings in Homes
No matter what architectural style your home has, you can find an awning that will suit your home perfectly. From the always-stylish classic stripes to other patterns, fun and sophisticated, you have a plethora to choose from. A great awning with a stylish pattern and color can give your home:
• A touch of class and sophistication that other homes do not have
• Protection against the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays and pouring rains
• More value as it is a way to improve your home
• Energy-efficiency as awnings provide shade, allowing you to cut down on energy bills
Adding the perfect awning can change your home’s appearance, giving it style as well as comfort.
Types of Awning Fabrics
There are two types of fabrics that you can choose from for your home’s awning. They both have their own specific benefits and you can make your choice based on their functionality and aesthetic appeal. The two awning fabrics available are:
Laminated Plastic Awning Fabric
The features of this type of fabric are:
• They have a denier scrim in the center for strength with two layers that are colorized. These two layers are then covered on sides, top and bottom, with protective lamination layers.
• They have a vinyl top-coating which is used as a finishing, preventing its color from fading. This top-coat also gives the fabric a smooth texture and enhances the vibrancy of its color.
• It is a great choice if you live in an area that has high humidity as it can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Acrylic Awning Fabric
This is another fantastic awning fabric option with features that give you the following benefits:
• They have a layer of woven acrylic colored fabric that is placed between two layers of protective coating. This protective coat makes them highly resistant to extreme weather conditions, mildew, rot, water, ultraviolet rays, etc. It also prevents the fabric’s color from fading even after long exposure to the sun, rain, etc.
• They have durability and flexibility. Many homeowners love acrylic woven awning fabrics as they often outlast their warranties.
• The solution-dyed fabric thread gives them high color fading-resistance and makes them highly durable.
You will need the services of a contractor for awning installation, especially if you require a large size for your home. Of course, with professional service comes bills that are higher than expected but the fact that you do save on energy bills in the long run makes it an investment that is well-worth the price you paid. Awnings come in all sizes, colors and styles so you can increase your home’s market value and add a touch of style to it.
Homeowners are always looking for ways to make improvements on their property to add value and if you are also considering a home improvement project, what could be better than having an awning installed on your deck or patio? You can enjoy a cool glass of lemonade or iced tea and spend some quiet time under it on a warm evening or entertain friends with a BBQ party without having to worry about anyone being irritated by the sun’s harsh rays.
When you pick the perfect awning for your home, you make sure that you and your loved ones are always comfortable even on the hottest days. It will also make your home look very stylish as you can choose from a plethora of styles and colors to match your home. The right awning will give you benefits which include energy cost-cutting, better market value, and protection from heat and last but not least; it will make your home the envy of all your neighbors.
2,951 total views, 5 views today